We offer an environmental audit protocol that conforms to the ISO 14001 standard (performance evaluation guidelines for environmental management systems).
The ISO 14001 family of standards addresses a wide range of items for environmental management, providing practical tools for organizations and companies looking to identify and control their environmental impact as well as constantly improve their environmental performance.
Our Environmental Audit Program assesses factory compliance with local laws and regulations for environmental protection, as well as best practices based on ISO 14000 family of standards, which includes:
- Legal requirements and risk assessment
- Environmental management system
- Solid and hazardous wastes
- Waste water
- Air emissions
- Energy use, water use, CO² emissions
Chemical Control Audits IQS Chemical Control Audit Programs use protocols based on the global environmental Detox® campaign, Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals principles (ZDHC) or your own compliance requirements.
Chemical Control Audits typically cover:
- Management systems
- Sub-supplier management
- Incoming materials
- Semi and finished products
- Chemical-related production
- Specific chemical controls
- Waste management
We provides complete lab testing services and can efficiently combine water testing with an onsite environmental audit to offer a complete picture of the environmental performance of your suppliers. Waste water testing typically includes:
Onsite gathering of waste water samples by trained auditors: influent water, water before treatment, effluent water
- Waste water testing prior to treatment of water and based on restricted substances list (ZDHC, Detox® or your own list)
- If restricted substances are detected, samples of influent and effluent waters are verified to determine the source of the substances and whether treatment of water is effective.